1. Manager/Senior Manager Sales & Marketing
LATITUDE is seeking a highly-motivated individual to lead the company’s sales and marketing activities to generate new business. This includes, but is not limited to, cold calls, prospecting, networking, production of marketing collateral, website design and maintenance, territory management and relationship building with pharmaceutical, specialty pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The successful candidate must be able to provide attentive service to existing and potential clients, sell the company’s formulation development services and drug delivery technologies, and coordinate client requirements with internal staff. This position is based out of the San Diego headquarters office.
Working with the Vice President of Business Development, this position will:
- Lead sales and marketing of formulation development and drug delivery services to meet the company’s overall annual sales objectives
- Identify new, and expand current, business opportunities, with a direct focus on a West Coast sales territory
- Develop and manage a market penetration strategy for targeted companies. Travel within the territory as needed.
- Promote/present company in a professional manner to develop new business.
- Create proposals and quotes for clients’ review
- Coordinate follow up calls and other forms of contact with prospective and current clients
- Interact with existing client base to maintain positive business relationships and develop partnerships
- Create marketing materials to effectively promote company’s technologies and services
- Maintain company website pages to provide latest information on company technologies and services
- Maintain database(s) of contacts and prospects. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Maintain accurate and timely updates to senior management.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of service capabilities and drug delivery technologies offered by company
- Attend strategic industry tradeshows
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Business Development
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing and/or business development responsibilities in the Life Sciences sector. Preferably in the bio-pharmaceutical services industry.
- Highly developed sales and marketing skills
- Proven contract pharmaceutical research or manufacturing sales success preferred
- Sound knowledge of e-marketing/conventional marketing techniques
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to take initiative and manage time effectively
- Dynamic and highly self-motivated
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Salary and commission commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Research Associate
LATITUDE is seeking a Research Associate to carry out individual drug formulation development projects for our clients. LATITUDE utilizes its extensive experience and proprietary technologies to solve issues of insolubility, instability, poor absorption and other formulation challenges over a range of dosage forms for both external clients and internal programs. A successful candidate will possess proficiency in a variety of analytical chemistry techniques including HPLC. This is a salaried, full-time position.
The position of Research Associate will report to a Formulation Scientist.
- Assist the supervising Formulation Scientist to complete individual formulation development projects
- Assist in the design, execution and interpretation of formulation development based on the defined deliverables, as well as in the planning of activities to meet the project timelines
- Prepare presentations of data and progress and assist in regular presentations to external clients during formulation development projects
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain and ensure safe laboratory environment and work practices
- Maintain compliance with all company policies (employee- or laboratory-based) and procedures
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Biochemistry strongly preferred
- 1-5 years’ experience in a laboratory setting (pharmaceutical, biotech or academic) with analytical chemistry techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practicesSalary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send their resume (cover letter optional) to: email@example.com.
LATITUDE Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.