Research Associate, Formulation Development
LATITUDE Pharmaceuticals Inc., a San Diego-based drug formulation development company, is seeking research associates to join our expanding R&D team. LATITUDE utilizes extensive experience and proprietary technologies to solve issues of insolubility, instability, poor absorption and other formulation challenges over a range of dosage forms for both external clients and internal programs. Successful candidates will possess proficiency in a variety of analytical chemistry techniques. These are salaried, full-time positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the supervising Formulation Scientist to complete individual formulation development projects for company’s clients
- Assist the supervising Formulation Scientist in the design, execution and interpretation of formulation development based on the defined deliverables, as well as in the planning of activities to meet the project timelines
- Prepare formulations with instructions and perform analyses of formulated drug products by using analytical instrumentations such as HPLC, LC-MS, KF, viscometer, and Osmometer.
- Prepare presentations of data and progress and assist in regular presentations to external clients during formulation development projects
- Maintain and ensure safe laboratory environment and work practices
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies (employee- or laboratory-based) and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry or related chemistry field
- 2+ years’ experience in a laboratory setting with analytical chemistry techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Salary commensurate with experience. LATITUDE Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an EOE. Interested candidates should send their resume (cover letter optional) to: email@example.com.